Results of the Kaiser Contract Votes
Friday, June 21, 2012
Clinical Lab Scientists - Overwhelmingly Approved!
Pharmacy - Overwhelmingly Approved!
Kern County -All - Overwhelmingly Approved!
Kern Administrative Specialists -Overwhelmingly Approved!
Please contact your Union Representative if you have any questions.
Tentative agreement reached between Kaiser and the Coalition of Unions
Friday, May 11, 2012
We are pleased to announce that a tentative agreement has been reached between Kaiser and the Coalition of Unions, including UFCW. Details of the agreement will be released at the Delegate Conference on Saturday May 19. Following the delegates’ conference meeting notices and voting information will be sent to all UFCW Kaiser Members.
This settlement resulted from strong union solidarity and we appreciate all members who participated by wearing stickers and showing their support.
Continue to the article at lmpartnership.org
KP and Union Coalition leaders open talks - LMP
Nearly 400 members of the Common Issues Committee, observers from the unions, managers, staff and facilitators gathered March 6 in Los Angeles to kick-off negotiations for a new National Agreement. This is the fifth round of national bargaining since the Labor Management Partnership was created in 1997. These talks are likely to be the largest labor contract talks in the United States this year.
Fundamental to these negotiations is interest-based bargaining, which is significantly different from traditional contract negotiations. “Because we take the time to understand each others’ interests, we have much better outcomes in the end,” said Bernard Tyson, president and chief operating officer.
Continue to the article at bargaining2012.org
Continue on to more LM Partnership coalition newsletters at lmpartnership.org
Useful Kaiser Links
- BHMT.org - Established in January 2007, the Ben Hudnall Memorial Education and Training Trust provides career counseling services and resources to education and training programs across Kaiser Permanente Regions.
- Ben-U.org - A series of programs and courses designed to help you be successful in your job or to set you on a course to a new one. Our web-based programs are available when you are. Our coordination with other KP programs like Tuition Reimbursement can reduce or eliminate out-of-pocket costs. What are you waiting for?
- kp.org/careerplanning - It is our goal to provide you with a variety of career planning tools and resources so you can take an active role in developing your career. We invite your comments and ask you to take a moment to register so we can keep you informed.
- LMPartnership.org - The Labor Management Partnership is Kaiser Permanente and the Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Union's strategy for high performance. We use the Value Compass, which puts the member at the center of every decision, to guide efforts to improve service, the quality of care and eliminate waste that drives up costs. These achievements are created by unit-based teams that include frontline managers, workers and physicians working together to ensure each patient has the best possible experience.
- Career counseling (800) 216-4517
Sign-Up for Kaiser News & Updates